Monday, January 09, 2012

Versatile Blogger Thingy and Random Things

In 5+ years of blogging, I've never been awarded one of those blingy little badges you see littering a lot of mommyblogs.  I can't say I'm terribly upset about it, but anyway, it was nice to be tagged by Cloud for this one: 
Here are the conditions of the award:
1) Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2) Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Post the award badge.
 
I think "versatile" is code for "can't pick one subject and stick to it", but I'm cool with that.  Thanks Cloud for the nomination!  A fun fact - I started reading Cloud's blog after coming across her insightful comments on Ask Moxie posts.  I'd been reading it for months, when I came across a post that made me think we might have crossed paths in real life.  I emailed her, and it turns out we did!  Since she likes to be anonymous, I won't say where, but I think it's kind of neat that we've met.  Small world, and all that.

I think 15 bloggers is a bit overkill for a chain letter/meme so I'll pick five instead.  I'm ornery like that.

Jenn's Doings - Jenn is a real-life crafty friend of mine who is responsible for my papercrafting supply addiction.  My wallet still hasn't forgiven her.

Laura's Mommy Journal - LauraC has been mentioned often here.  She is awesome in many ways and takes AMAZING photos.

Di's Kitchen Notebook - Di is a friend from college who bakes yumolicious things and posts them on her blog.  Go over there and droooool.

Reading and Chickens - Shalini is hilarious, Indian, and from Seattle.  Someday we will meet up but we have been thwarted by deadly viruses so far.

And Then There Were 6 of Us - Shannon and Carl live in Iowa.  They used to live in Seattle.  We miss them.  Since they have four kids under 6, we'll give them a pass if they choose not to do this :)

And now for the 7 random things.  I'm totally stealing this from a Facebook post I wrote ages ago.

  • I was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and contrary to popular belief, it actually is a nice city. I appreciate it more now that I don't live there :)
  • I met my husband when I was 16, but we didn't start dating until I was 24.
  • I'm nervous about parties or other outings where I don't know anyone else. It usually ends up being fine.
  • I never imagined I would move back to Seattle, because when I left in 1999, I was done with it. Now I *love* living here, despite the craptastic weather.
  • My favorite food of all time is Macaroni and Cheese, from a box, with the powdered cheese.
  • I inherited a love of musical theater from my mom, who had a subscription to the Civic Light Opera touring series in Pittsburgh. I've seen tons of musicals over the years.
  • My all-time-favorite musical is Jesus Christ Superstar. I don't know why since I am definitely *not* religious (maybe that's why). I've seen it 4 times.
So yeah.  If I tagged you and you do this post, leave me a link here!  If you don't, watch out for the locusts.  Kidding.  Nothing bad will happen.  I won't even be sad.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure yet if I'll do the meme or not, but I had to comment on one of your random things. I first met my husband J when I was 17, but we didn't start dating until I was 26. =) Not sure if I've ever told you the whole story (of course you know that Nate was in between there). J & I first met at PGSS at CMU in '88--he's from your side of the state (Johnstown).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this does sound like a good story! No I didn't know you knew him before!

    I was @ CMU in 1990 for their pre-college thing, at the same time they had Governor's School. I don't remember applying to GS, I'm not sure why...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails