Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Meet you anytime you want, at our Italian restaurant

More wedding stress today. I called Frankie's House of Pizza and Pasta to get the catering set up for the Sunday lunch after the wedding, now that I finally know how many people are coming. Apparently Frankie's doesn't deliver lunch on Sundays since they don't open till 4pm. I didn't even think to ask - I guess we've gone there for lunch on Saturdays but never on Sunday so it didn't even occur to me that they might not be open. Bleh.

So tonight TJ and I are going to try out Tropea Italian Restaurant, also in Redmond. Since I had a truly nasty piece of fish for lunch I am really looking forward to a nice dinner. I have been trying to like fish ever since I started this higher protein diet - it's a great lean source of protein. But unless it's sushi, I don't want to eat it. I read somewhere you should try a food you don't like three times before deciding. I'm way over that, and I think I'm done with cooked fish. Shellfish is a different story - I could eat shrimp, crab or scallops all day.

Spike is poking around alternately at the garbage can (which has my leftover fish in it), Peanut's empty food bowl, and his empty food bowl. I just fed that beagle 20 minutes ago and he acts like he's starving. He carefully licks his entire empty bowl just to make sure there are no food crumbs. And then repeats the process for Peanut's bowl. (And before you start feeling sorry for him, we took him to the vet and he's about 5 lbs overweight, which is a lot when you only weigh 29 lbs!) We were told to feed him canned green beans in place of 1/4 of his food. He seems to really like them, which is good. Sadly, he's gained that weight since he's been living with us - his previous owners took him running, plus he was probably more active as a puppy than he is as a middle-aged BeagleMan.

Pogi left us today - that makes me sad. I think it makes Peanut sad too, or maybe he's just relieved he can get in some good napping now that the Woolly Mammoth has left us. Cara, Pogi's aunt, came to pick him up this afternoon. He was really happy to see her. If you started to pet Pogi and you were sitting on the floor, he would come and sit in your lap. (And he weighs 90 lbs so you weren't getting up!) We really enjoyed Pogi's visit. Peanut and he got in a couple rounds of "bite your ear" today, and were getting along famously. So maybe next time John and Jenna go on vacation, they will leave the Pog-ster with us. Goodbye, Pogi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails