Sunday, August 28, 2005

An's Book Club #3: Little Earthquakes, Jennifer Weiner

Grade: A-

Facing a loooong flight to Savannah last weekend, with no more studying to do, I picked this book up (finally in paperback!) at Half Price Books. It was on my wishlist at the library forever, but I kept forgetting to pick it up when they'd notify me, and after a week, they give it to the next person on the list.

I finished this book in two days. It was easy to read, and her characters are multi-faceted and interesting. I'm a sucker for well-written chick lit. This book focused on the interwoven stories of four new mothers, so it doesn't exactly mirror my own situation, but I have enough friends who have recently had babies that it felt like I was hanging out with them. I have to admit that some of the detail in the book around childbirth and the change in lifestyle when the baby arrives made me even more squeamish about the prospect of having kids. What I love about Jennifer Weiner's writing is that it's just like talking to a friend - her writing is hilarious, sarcastic, and straightforward. Reading this book made the long flight seem much shorter, and provided me with some laugh out loud moments, which earned me some weird looks from fellow passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails