Saturday, June 03, 2006

It ain't pretty after the show

Just got back from the INXS concert at Marymoor, 5 minutes (or less!) from my house. Awesome place to see a show (even if it wasn't 5 min away) - it's not huge, and the venue was designed well for everyone on the lawn - with two "hills" at the back so you could sit way back and still see.

I wasn't overly excited about this show before I went, but decided to go since Nathalie wanted to, and I had watched "Rock Star:INXS" religiously last summer. Plus, I've never seen INXS live.

Nathalie had gotten an extra copy of the new INXS album "Switch" for Christmas and generously gave it to me. It's actually pretty good - takes a couple of listens to separate the songs out from each other, but then it turns out to be a pretty interesting rock n roll album. The cool thing is the way the songs sound like different artists - there's one that sounds very Bowie-ish, and one that sounds U2-ish.

So, just like the Foo Fighters back in October 2005, the live show made me a bigger fan of the band. This concert rocked the house! (Literally too - TJ said he could hear it back at home!) They played all the old favorites, and JD had a way of both sounding like Michael Hutchence and sounding new and different at the same time. His voice is pretty amazing, and you can tell he's having a great time playing the part of "rock star". I mean, who wouldn't?? His reality show "personality" annoyed me, but dang, that guy is talented.

They took me right back to high school (Hi Judy!) by playing:
Suicide Blonde
What You Need
Never Tear Us Apart
New Sensation
Devil Inside
Need You Tonight


And to one specific night in college with Original Sin, which I didn't even know was them. That was pretty cool, and better than the memory that accompanies it, that's for sure. (BTW, don't read anything into the title - I didn't even know that's what it was called until tonight!)

And of course to the songs I liked from Rock Star, which I didn't really know before the show:
Mystify
By My Side
Don't Change


They played for a little less than 2 hours, which seems short to me, but I can't think of any song I wanted to hear that they didn't play. It was a great evening for an outdoor concert and the perfect end to a very lazy day.

Peace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails