Thursday, December 21, 2006

Don't let money fool you

I dragged myself out of bed today to see my dietitian because in the Sound Health program, I lose appointments if I cancel them the same day. After an interesting hour of nutrition chat with Jeannette I headed over to Safeway to buy some frozen vegetables, since after the power outage I had to throw away *everything* in the fridge and freezer.

I needed to get a couple of Starbucks gift cards so I went to the Starbucks conveniently located inside Safeway. (Gotta love Seattle, a Starbucks on every corner!) I'm standing in line behind a guy who looked suspiciously like Steve Ballmer, but shorter and thinner. Since I was sporting the Dayquil haze, I wasn't sure if it was him, until I noticed him checking his email on his Motorola Q (phone of champions, I say!) and the baristas gave him a cheerful holiday greeting by name. I could have said something to him, but I wasn't sure what.

I guess I missed my (probably) once in a lifetime opportunity to introduce myself to the CEO of my company and give him my elevator speech that I'm supposed to have prepared for just this sort of occasion. I guess I am a horrible businessperson/networker. But that's nothing I didn't know before.

What would you have done?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a horrible networker too. Don't care much for CEOs. I was in the elevator occasionally with Bezos and never said anything. If I were a CEO, I'm not sure I'd care if someone walked up to me and told me how happy they were working for my company, either. But then, I err on the side of being a misanthrope!

    I've noticed recently Lola's canines are sort of worn down, which I'm sure comes from her penchant to chew sandy tennis balls. Hopefully it's not a big deal, but I better try to get her to stop. -LL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails