Friday, May 18, 2012

Over the hills and far away

I can't believe I'm already halfway through this pregnancy (fingers crossed that Baby X' stays in as long as (s)he is supposed to).  It seemed to go much slower last time, but then again, I didn't have a toddler to wrangle nor did we go on a Big Vacation.

I got my first pregnancy massage yesterday and it was so nice.  Being OLD I feel a lot more sore and rickety than last time.  Which reminds me, I really need to make time for exercise, something I haven't been able to do since even before T was born.  I dislike the idea of it, so it always falls down the priority list.  Not exactly setting a good example, am I?  Sigh.

Next week we find out the sex, if Baby X' cooperates.  Hooray! 

But also, I'm a little stressed, because that means I can go into Full Project Manager mode.  Sorting clothes, picking names, moving the craft room, decorating and setting up the baby's room, which if history repeats itself (s)he won't actually use for another 18 months or so.  But I want to get all that stuff done BEFORE this baby shows up and we realize how much easier it was with just one 2.5 year old.

It's also time for me to sort through my maternity and nursing clothes as some things are getting uncomfortably tight.

It's a happy coincidence that I got pregnant almost EXACTLY at the same time as last time so everything is in the right season, and that also means the baby clothes we have are in the right season too, though if X' is a boy, we've got some shopping to do.  (Add that to the Project Plan!)

But life is good.  T is enjoying her preschool, though has resorted to NOT napping there for the past week or so, which means she is a hot mess by the time she gets home at 4pm.  My solution of putting her to bed before 6pm seems to be working, mostly, except she's also going through some kind of crazy growth spurt where she's waking up in the middle of the night wanting to eat. 

And having TJ at home?  Totally, amazingly, awesome.  We spend lots of time together as a family.  Stuff around the house is getting done.  We have lunch dates together sometimes on my work days. Most importantly, he is happy and content.

So yeah, livin' the dream.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails