Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just another day

I'm at an age where I'm supposed to hate birthdays or at the least, downplay them for fear of "getting old".  No way man!  I LOVE my birthday.  It's my own personal holiday.  I can be a diva.  I get new stuff.  People bring me cake.  I typically take the day off from work. What's not to love?
So here I am, at the ripe old age of 37, 6 months pregnant and wearing my awesome handmade birthday crown:


Yep, my fabulous husband and fabulous daughter made me a fantastic crown to wear for my birthday.  I wore it to work.  I'm wearing it at home.  T also suggested to TJ that my birthday present should be getting my nails done.  I don't know how/where she came up with that, but we were surprised at what a good idea it was.  So I'm now sporting glittery fingernails and bright almost- BMW M3 blue toes.

Birthdays are often about a new gadget for me: iPhone, iPod, camera, whatnot.  In fact Birthday iPod 2006 has been pressed into (underutilized) service as T's sleepytime "rain sounds" machine.  This year we got a new computer for our living room so that T can watch the occasional DVD there.  Plus we can use it as a digital photo frame/slideshow thingy when we're not watching anything and also stream our music through it.  It's supposed to show up today - woo hoo!
Birthday Week also has included a trip to Canlis, most years since 2005.  This year is no different. Hooray!  Today is a Good Day.

What about you - do you celebrate your birthday or try to ignore it?

11 comments:

  1. I -love- birthdays! No ignoring them here. I don't even mind making my own cake. =) (although J has been known to purchase nice cupcakes, too) I love that you wore your crown to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given your love for baking, I bet getting to bake something yummy in peace for your birthday would be pretty awesome :D

      I did get some weird looks at work but it was totally worth it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday & have a wonderful time at Canlis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As usual, it was lovely and awesome. And eating Canlis leftovers the next day is also pretty awesome.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoo hoo, happy birthday! i embrace my birthdays too, i like getting older (i turned 30 this year!) hope you have an awesome time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel like life is getting better and better every year too. My 20s were very complicated ;D

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, birthday's are the best. Mine being around Christmas means it often gets brushed under the carpet by friends. But I make it a day to remember. I almost always hold my own party and have my own appetizers, and cake and everything. Because I like celebrating me and another year of living.

    Happy Birthday BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about you! Yeah, I feel bad for people whose birthdays get ignored around Christmas - so many friends have told me they only get one card, or a combined present, or whatnot, which is a total bummer.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday ! I love celebrating Birthdays. Mine included :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love celebrating, but mine sometimes falls around Mother's Day, this year right on it. Wasn't annoying til I had a kid. Love that you wore your crown to work, awesome! I'm nearing the big 50, and starting to think about how I want to do that up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails