Tomorrow BabyM will be 5 weeks old, and I'm so glad I didn't find the magic fast-forward button. It's been delightful to watch her grow from a tiny wrinkly skinny baby to putting on that delightful baby chub on her cheeks, thighs and hands. She's still got more to go, but is getting nice and squeezable.
In honor of her 5-week birthday, here are five things I love about tiny new babies:
1. Watching her grow so quickly. It's almost like I can *see* her getting bigger if I keep staring.
2. The cute little faces she makes when she's sleeping. TJ calls this her "system startup routine" - her expression goes from sad/crying to half-smiles, to radiant joyful smiles. All meant for her imaginary friends, I guess.
3. Dressing her in adorable tiny outfits. She has no opinions about what she wears, so I get to choose. And everything looks cute on a baby.
4. Snuggles. She WANTS us to hold her, and squeeze her, and cuddle on her. She's not too busy playing or embarrassed by us.
5. Port-a-baby. For a couple more months (maybe), we can take her out when we want to. We're not chained to a nap schedule just yet. She can sleep on the go. Though I've noticed she doesn't sleep nearly as well as her big sister did when we're out and about, so our days may be numbered.
|she's watching you, and she DOES NOT LIKE what's going on.|
You can tell from this that we've been blessed with another relatively easy baby. (Knock on wood, salt over the shoulder, etc.) Things are a lot easier this time than last time, even with a 3 year old in the mix. (She's an awesome Big Sister, by the way.) Fingers crossed that it'll continue!