Monday, April 04, 2005

Good Day Sunshine

I had a good day at work today. I have been in my new job on the Microsoft Speech Server team for a week. My office is set up the way I like it. I already have a couple of different things to work on and felt like I made some progress today. All in all, a satisfying day.

Daylight Savings time robbed us of an hour yesterday, but TJ and I took advantage of it today by taking the dogs to the PARK. Marymoor Park, to be precise. It's about 2 miles from our house and the most amazing off-leash area ever, with more than 40 acres of open fields, a river, and lots of trails for the dogs to explore. Peanut loves it so much that you can't even say the work PARK around him unless you want a giant excited dog jumping around all over the place. And then you better get ready and get in the CAR and GO to the PARK.

Today Peanut played the ever popular "jump on your head" and "bitechu" games with Java, his boxer buddy. We see Java a lot at Marymoor and he's always up for a good Peanut game. That made up for the disappointing trip yesterday when Peanut didn't find *any* dogs who wanted to play his Peanut games. Spike is quite the BeagleMan about town, just rummaging and sniffing, and doing his own thing. Sometimes he'll chase the Peanut and bark at him, or try to mount Peanut while he's distracted. I think Spike believes one day he WILL be the big dog. It's good to have goals.

Now both dogs are crashed out in their respective sleeping areas - Spike has spent the last couple of nights in his "box" and Peanut is sprawled out on the carpet, triangulating me in the bedroom and TJ at the computer. You can always find Peanut about halfway between the two of us if we're in different rooms. I guess he likes to keep an eye on us so he doesn't miss anything. Good night, puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails