Thursday, June 09, 2005

An's Book Club

I'm stealing an idea from Claudia's blog. I'm going to start listing the books I've read on the right side of the page, and maybe writing a short book report. I wish I had thought to write down every book I've read since I was a kid. I bet the list would be huge, and it would feel like a great accomplishment to see that.

I remember there was a "Read-A-Thon" in elementary school to benefit some Multiple Sclerosis organization. I loved that thing. I think a lot of my neighbors were surprised at how many books I managed to read in a short timeframe. My mom had to make rules that I couldn't read anything too easy, in order to make it fair, especially for those folks who pledged a quarter or more per book. I had to write down all the books I read for that, but the form was turned in at the end of the event, so I don't even have that record.

In college, I didn't read for fun at all. I had way too much to read for school. After I started working, I found the public library wherever I lived because I can't go into a bookstore without buying *something*. Oddly, I don't have that many books at home that I haven't read. Eventually I get around to reading everything I've bought.

Anyway, here's to keeping a record from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Letting readers of your blog know what books you're reading clues them in to other aspects about yourself. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! now I'll have great ideas for new books to read. Conspicuously missing from my collection of books are good fiction books. I have some, but not that many.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails