Sunday, June 26, 2005

A decade and one

Happy Birthday to me! Thanks to everyone who sent cards or called - it was so nice!

We went back to Canlis last night for dinner and it was (as always) YUM. The truffle fries were amazing - what could be better than skinny, crisp french fries seasoned with truffle oil. The Wagyu tenderloin steak was also amazingly good. Nothing in my pantry looked good today after that meal!

I worked on my first programming assignment all day today - somehow the entire day yesterday got away from me, though I did manage to get a manicure and pedicure, which was just divine.

I did take a break when my brain stopped working and we took the dogs to Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island. The off-leash area is on the shore of Lake Washington so Spike and Peanut got to deal with the little waves, too. Plus the water is a lot cleaner than the river at Marymoor, or so it seems. Spike decided to become a true swimmer beagle, and Peanut obsessed about a red squeaky ball he found there (after stealing it from another dog who found it first). They've been sleeping ever since we returned, which makes me wonder whether they're going to get up at 3am full of beans.

TJ and I also watched "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" which we got as a wedding gift from Judy and Kevin. I loved that movie when I was a kid! I never realized it had Shannen Doherty, Helen Hunt, and Sarah Jessica Parker in it - 20 years younger. TJ was amused, and I'm impressed he made it through the whole thing.

First week of class went well - I actually managed to attend every class this week, which actually did help with the homework assignment. This week we will be talking about linked lists, which is a new topic for me, so I'm looking forward to it.

As a birthday present to myself, I bought some sterling silver Affirmation Circles (cheesy website, cool idea). I'll wear them on a chain. I also bought a necklace just like Carrie's on "Sex and the City". I've always wanted one of those.

Well, back to the business of being 30. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Raine -

    You found me out! :) I was almost 29 when I got engaged, and figured it would be cool to get married before the dreaded 30. But really, it wasn't that big a deal. A longer engagement/wedding planning period might have killed me, though, so it was good we didn't wait any longer... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails