Thursday, June 30, 2005

Pomp and Circumstance

I've been meaning to post a link to the 2005 Commencement speech at Caltech by Sandra Tsing Loh, a Caltech alum. It's brilliant and hilarious. I wish I had been there to hear it in person.

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I finished college. Damn, that makes me feel old. I still remember standing out in the rain watching my class graduate without me - what a weird feeling. And then the following week, I was a bridesmaid in Jasmine and Chris's wedding. Crazy. It's amazing to me that an entire decade has gone by since then. That same summer was the year I did an internship at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and fell in love with Seattle. (in the summer, anyway...)

Maybe if I spent less time on the Internet, I'd have more time to eat right and go to the gym. Ok, I'm off to bed. Gotta get up early and resubmit my CSE 143 homework assignment, as the instructor just gave away the code for one of the functions this morning due to an error one of the TAs made. Grrr - it just seems too easy - the error was such an obvious one and anyone with their brain turned on would catch it in their code. But now I need to make sure my code matches what was handed out in class, just on principle (though I'm sure mine works). Yes, I'm turning into one of those grade freaks. I am determined to get a 4.0 in this class, if only to appease my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails