Monday, August 01, 2005

I could no more stop dreaming than I could make them all come true

Ugh, it's been a while hasn't it? I got pretty far behind on my CSE143 homework and spent most of last week working on Assignment 6, which I turned in late. Fortunately we get 4 free "late days".

I got a fun surprise in the mail today - a copy of the 7/22 San Jose Mercury News and a DVD of The Village. Turns out they did end up publishing my comment about Rock Star:INXS, right under a huge pic of Dave Navarro with the caption "On TV, Dave Navarro acts like Mr. Rogers." I made that comment in reference to his intro speech to the contestants on the first show. Now I'm worried he's going to come and kick my butt for ruining his bad-boy image...

So that's pretty cool. I don't think I'm a terribly good writer but you can always count on me for an opinion. I've tossed around the idea of writing show recaps for Rock Star:INXS here because the official ones on the Website are so damn boring - they're as bad as listening to golf play by play on the radio - they drain every ounce of energy from the performances and make you *not* want to watch the show.

I aspire to be as witty as the Jaded Journalist on the American Idol website - his recaps are worth reading even if you've seen the show as he's absolutely hilarious. My recaps won't be that good, nor will they be as regular (since no one is paying me to write in this blog!) but I'll make an honest effort, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails