Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fallin' apart at the seams

Well, the SD card experiment was a success. Thanks to the wonders of technology, all I had to do was pop the little card into the slot in Otto's dashboard, and suddenly I had 1GB of 80s heavy metal music at my fingertips. The only problem is that when I ripped the CDs, the title starts with the track number so all the "Track 01" songs are together, and so on. If I get really ambitious I need to figure out how to keep albums together. "Operation:Mindcrime" by Queensryche is really something that should be listened to from beginning to end.

I cooked today:


I cheated a bit since it was gorgeous out today, and I didn't want to spend the whole day in the kitchen learning how to make bread dough. I bought pre-made whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe's. I LOVE that store. For $1.19, I saved a bunch of time, but also changed the recipe pretty significantly. The recipe for Bierocks (p.33 in the Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2005 cookbook) calls for a sweet dough made out of regular flour. But the whole wheat pizza dough worked nicely - great texture! The taste of the filling is pretty bland though - just some turkey, onion and cabbage with salt and pepper. I added a little bit of parmesan cheese to the top of each one, which definitely helped. I think I'll try them tomorrow with a little tomato sauce. And now I know I can use this dough to make calzones pretty quickly. Woo hoo!

I did the 2nd workout of the Couch to 5K running plan today (see previous post). It was another amazing day - I only ran 10 min out of 30, but it just felt *so* good. I haven't had such a great workout in a long time. Which also explains why I was so wiped out after that.

TJ and I also did some more yardwork (boo!) but at least the front yard looks a little bit better now. It was nice to be outside and I didn't see too many bugs. I managed to convince him not to use Roundup to kill the weeds, and found a natural alternative on the Internet called "Burnout" that uses vinegar and some kind of citrus oil. Now I just have to figure out where to buy it. While I'm no granola girl, I really try to use non-toxic cleaners and household chemicals where I can, mostly so the puppies are safe. (And us, too.)

Well, off to enjoy the last bits of my weekend. I can't believe it's already the end of April!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    It was great to see you and TJ. Anytime you want to play trivia just let us know.

    I too am doing the C25K. I admit I hate getting out to run but love the actual being outside and the energy I feel afterwards. There is a great run I do at lunch time. We should meet up and run during lunch sometime.

    About bread .... I took a class a few months back on making bread and loved it! In fact, we had Calzones last night with pizza dough that took no time at all to make. If you'd like a quick demo and some great recipes I'd be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails