Sunday, April 23, 2006

All I'm ready to do is have some fun

I remembered how good running made me feel, even though I am really slow, so I started the Couch to 5k Training Program again. Here's to making it past week 3! With my trusty iPod filled with happy music, I should be ready to go. My first run was on Friday morning, and it felt really good. (Of course, that was only 8 minutes of running and 22 min of walking, but you gotta start somewhere.) I am comfortably sore today.

There's a 5k run on Jan 29 that's part of Seafair, so I think that'll be my target. I have about 14 weeks to prepare. (The program itself is only 12, so maybe I could spend those last 2 weeks working on hills, or increasing my speed.)My goal is still to run a 5k in under 30 minutes sometime this year.

This week wasn't so great for weight loss - I stayed the same, which I guess is better than gaining weight. This might be due to the fact that I ate lunch out almost every day the previous week. Oh, and eating at Claim Jumper the night before I usually weigh myself probably wasn't too wise either. And my workout schedule was sort of lax too. My laziness is really hard to overcome but I'm making progress.

I made some banana-oatmeal bread today since I had some overripe bananas. It turned out pretty well. Tomorrow I'm going to try to make bierocks, which are Russian-Mennonite savory pastries with cabbage, turkey and onions in them. Since I've never worked with yeast/dough recipes before, this should be a learning experience.

We took the dogs to the Downtown dog park today. Peanut has had an ear infection on and off for a couple of months, and I think it never really clears up because we take him swimming more often. So I guess there will be no swimming for him for a while. It'll be a good excuse for me to take him out for long walks, too. (Which both of us need!)

I *finally* filled my 1GB SD card with music so I'll see if the little card reader in my Audi works tomorrow. Since the Audi's CD changer only holds 6 CDs this will be a good way to have a larger variety of music. Not that I drive that much... I bought the card last November for this purpose and just got around to filling it up now.

It helps that TJ has been on a rampage to burn all our CDs to MP3 format. While I love Microsoft, their WMA format just doesn't work with a lot of devices (like my iPod and my car) so we had to re-burn everything to MP3, which is a lot more flexible. But unfortunately MP3 format takes up more space so we're pretty close to filling up the entire network storage drive that we bought a few years ago.

This weekend has been pretty mellow - no plans, just trying to get things in order around the house. I did some weeding today - I'm very proud of that. I hate yardwork. I need to research some kind of groundcover that's low-maintenance and crowds out weeds, otherwise our front yard is going to be a losing battle.

Ramble on, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails