Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'll send an SOS to the world

This weekend is just flying by! I feel like I've gotten nothing done, but in reality:

1. I paid my overdue University of Washington extortion fee. (I had to pay 50% of the tuition for dropping that class a day too late!)
2. I am in the middle of doing laundry for the week.
3. We took the dogs to Luther Burbank Park today so they could swim in Lake Washington. (And in the mud, as it turned out!)
4. We gave both dogs a bath. Poor Spike is still indignant about it.
5. We bought some shelves for the garage and actually went through a bunch of the boxes we moved from Tucson 3 years ago but never opened. Now the trash can is full and the recycle can is pretty close to full. (The garage is still a mess but we're making progress.
6. I posted a bunch of stuff for sale on http://expo.live.com - it's Microsoft's new classified ad service, kinda like Craig's list but I gotta represent for the 'Soft.
7. I also posted some items to our local Freecycle list to give them away. So far no one's come to claim them, but I'm holding out hope. Anyone interested in a 6-foot workbench or some track light fixtures?
8. We have assembled a giant pile of stuff to take to Goodwill tomorrow.
9. I'm getting ready to do the weekly grocery run at Trader Joe's. Funny how when you eat at home, you have to go grocery shopping more often...
10. TJ figured out a new scheme for our money such that we put everything into one account and take out xx amout for "willy nilly" individual spending money. Currently we do the reverse, and have a set amount we donate to our "we" account, and we keep the rest individually.
11. We went to Ikea to check out the shelves our interior decorator recommended to us (yes, I know how pretentious that sounds).

So I guess it doesn't sound like that much of a lazy weekend, does it? I still need to complete a homework assignment for my stats class (I'm really far behind now!) and do some reading for it. Shouldn't be too bad. Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. "6-foot workbench.." Now that's funny. This weeked I built a crude workbench :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails