Saturday, May 27, 2006

My dog won't bite if you sit real still

Woo hoo! Spike and I made it home safely after our fun-filled, nearly 2000-mile round trip to the Bay Area. We had a great time exploring three states and visiting old friends.

I had intended to blog during the trip, but my fabulous husband suggested I leave my laptop at home since I have an email addiction and wouldn't be able to leave work behind. Unfortunately, I can also check my email from my phone (very cool thing that my team worked on) so I did use that a couple of times just to "peek". And of course, Leslie let me use her computer to check too. I guess I really am addicted but it didn't take away from my relaxation as much as my laptop would have.

So here's the quick recap of the highlights of the trip, starting with last Saturday:

Saturday - Spike and I visit WA State Capitol in Olympia (outside, of course)
Sunday - Spike sees the ocean for the first time; fabulous stay and amazing meal at Hotel Carter in Eureka
Monday - Spike and I wander around Eureka, then finally get to Leslie's house
Tuesday - Leslie and I get our nails done at the very cute Pinkies Nails in Burlingame
Wednesday - Spike and I hang out with Debbie, Zach and Slammer in Piedmont; shopping at H&M in downtown SF (drool)
Thursday - Lunch with Maya and Leslie at the *awesome* Marnee Thai in San Francisco, and a trip to Fort Funston, the BEST dog park EVER with Lola and Spike
Friday - "The way Mt. Shasta explodes into windshield view, and my hands steady on the wheel"
Saturday - "I'm on my way, just set me free, home sweet home..."

I'll post my pics in the next couple of days, and entertain you with Spike stories from the trip. But now it's time for bed. G'night!

2 comments:

  1. That trip to Marnee Thai's got me all interested in learning to cook Thai food now. I found this recipe for the corn fritters online. Looks pretty straightforward to make. I don't know if I can ever mimic the dipping sauce though! -LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your travel log is short and sweet.Did spike get his feet wet in the ocean ?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails