Wednesday, October 25, 2006

You're so vain

Yikes, it's been a while since I posted about my weight loss program. Sadly, in the past 4 weeks I haven't lost a stinkin' pound. But I know I've got more muscle, thanks to all the lunges and lifting I've been doing with Tracy. So hopefully the next body-fat measurement will show some kind of downward trend.

After 15+ years of dieting, I guess I should know better than to think I could be lax about what I ate as long as I worked out. That may have worked in my early 20s but I guess the ol' metabolism isn't going to let me slide now that I'm 31. Pity.

I start working part time next week, so it's a perfect time to get serious about this thing. I am debating about signing up for a weekly yoga class at the Pro Club on Friday mornings. I'm so sore these days, especially my lower back and hamstrings, and painfully inflexible. That's only going to lead to problems down the road, so I thought a little yoga might help. And honestly, that's what Thursdays and Fridays are for -- focusing on The Plan.

So far this week I'm off to a pretty good start - cardio yesterday and today for 40 min, and the usual Tuesday weight session with Tracy. Lots of lunges, so I'm sore today. But sore means the muscles are doing something, so that's good. I think I'm going to ask her to push me a little harder so I can make some progress.

Yay for having a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails