Monday, November 27, 2006

The weather outside is frightful

There's snow on the ground. In Seattle. And it's still November. Crazy.

It took me almost an hour and a half to get home from work today. And I was actually in a different building, even closer to home than usual. I sat in the parking garage for an hour trying to get out. Then another half an hour to inch my way home the remaining mile.

I don't have a lot of experience driving in the snow, and many Microsofties don't have a lot of experience driving, period, so that made it quite a treacherous commute home. I was doing ok until I got to our street, a very steep hill. I made it up the first part (thank god for the antilock brakes/stability goo) and after all the sliding around, didn't want to attempt the 2nd hill. So I left poor Otto on the side of the road. I hope he'll forgive me for that. Fortunately it's stopped snowing.

And of course, during this painful commute, I got one of my awful sinus headaches accompanied by nausea. For nearly the entire drive home I fantasized about getting into my PJs and climbing into bed, and that's what kept me going. One Advil and a nice nap later, I'm doing much better.

TJ is at the Seahawks game tonight. And his cell phone isn't on. I hate that.

And here's a special shout out to the stupid neighborhood kids sledding down our street. Let's hope they can stop before a car runs them over. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. It's snowing there?? I saw the GB/Seahawk game on at the gym and the snow on the field, but I convinced myself I misread the order of the teams (GB at Seattle) because there was NO WAY that could have been Seattle in November. Guess I was wrong!

    I'm sure Otto will be ok, and you did the right thing being safe. How TJ can watch a football game in that weather...well, that shows dedication :)

    The other thing about the change in weather (even down here) is I find myself craving comfort foods (read: junk foods) again. Blah. Seasonality really gets to me and my appetite. :P (By the way, the handwritten post was cool!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails