We restarted our Netflix subscription. Whoever thought of this idea first is freakin' brilliant. It's so simple and yet perfect. I love it.
So today TJ and I watched "Invincible", the football movie with Marky Mark. Yes, I know his real serious actor name is Mark Wahlberg, but he's still Marky Mark to me. I liked the movie - it was so cheesy and inspirational, but light and entertaining. And though Marky Mark wasn't his usual gorgeous self thanks to his 70s-licious hair, it was still fun to watch. A lot of the Philadelphia scenes and people reminded me a lot of Pittsburgh.
Oh, and TJ opened his presents which I conveniently hid in our closet (under piles of clothes that don't fit) for the past few weeks. I think he liked them - I felt a little more inspired than usual this time:
- Soldering gun + solder (ok, this he asked for directly)
- Rolling Stones greatest hits CD
- Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers (yes, this was partly a self-serving choice too)
- 24 Season 1 on DVD (neither of us has ever watched it)
- "The American President"/"Dave" on DVD (one DVD, two presidential movies!)
- Greek Civilization history class on DVD from the Teaching Company
My mom introduced me to the Teaching Company - they have a huge listing of courses on all different subjects available on CD/download/DVD. I often catch TJ watching bad history shows on cable, so I figured he might like it. I'll report back once he's watched it.
But now I really, really should go to sleep. I've got a 9am workout with Tracy tomorrow - only 2 more weeks left with her. I've made a lot of progress with the strength training, so that's been great. She's writing up a couple of routines for me so I can continue them at home or the gym. I feel good about that.
More after the rest of the TJ Birthday Weekend festivities!