Saturday, June 23, 2007

Keep your drink, just give me the money

We did a lot of weeding today in preparation for TJ's parents' visit. (Hi Mom & Dad!) It was pretty satisfying, even though it still looks bad in our front yard. At least, it looks better. With our wacky weather here, and the fact that we pulled out all the evil ivy groundcover last summer, the weeds have pretty much taken over the front yard. Except where we paved over the lawn. Maybe we should just pour concrete over the whole thing and call it done.

I made some more jewelry this weekend. I redid the silver bracelet I bought in St. Barth's, since it was just on a thread with these sort-of adjustable knots. I strung the centerpiece on wire and added some Caribbean colored glass beads. I'm pretty pleased with it:

So I'm glad I can wear that bracelet again since it reminds me of that fabulous vacation. In fact, I'm wearing it right now. yippee!

The other necklace I made today was from some 99-cent beads I bought at Goodwill, bits of a $5 necklace from a thrift store, and other random beads I bought over the past few weeks from eBay and Artbeads.com:

Oddly enough, the inspiration for this one was the bottom of our bathmat - it's got these cool stripes in peach, hot pink, dark brown and off-white. Or maybe I should come up with a better story, like it reminds me of the sunset in Morocco. That sounds better.

I'm thinking of turning our second guest bedroom into my beading area. It's getting to be too messy to leave the stuff out on the kitchen table, and I'm always afraid one of the dogs is going to eat any beads that I drop because usually things that fall from the kitchen table are Yummy Treats.

Oh, and I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes while watching last week's "So You Think You Can Dance". I love that show. Except for the weirdo "contemporary" dancing and all of the writhing around on the floor. And the bare feet and tight outfits. Ugh.

There was an amazing, amazing performance by Anya & ? of the Viennese waltz, to "You and Me" by Lifehouse (a guilty pleasure song for me, totally indistinguishable from any other gravelly voiced Nickelback, etc. band). It was gorgeous and graceful, and seriously *moving*. Weird. I had no idea watching a dance performance could do that for me.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. Of all your creations so far, I like this one the best :) I like asymmetry, I guess, plus I always like shorter necklaces because I'm squat. Very wabisabi. And nice colors.

    I'll try to remember to bring some old jewelry/beads when I come. Looking forward to it!

    -LL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails