Sunday, July 29, 2007

Shiny happy people laughing

Ooh, it's been a whole week since my last post. This new job and commute downtown really does suck up all my time. But so far, it's been worth it. The change of scenery is great, though I could do without all the people downtown who talk to themselves or randomly talk to me/yell at me as I walk by. But I guess that comes with the territory.

Today I spent most of the miserable rainy day at an "Introduction to Wire-Wrapped Jewelry" class at Bellevue Community College. Getting up in time to make it to the 9am class wasn't too hard - I guess all the early rising I'm doing for work is paying off.

The class was really fun - instead of just learning some techniques, the instructor had a specific project in mind and gave us all the supplies to make a cool bracelet.

Here's mine:


I was surprised at how quickly the 6 hours in class went by. And how easy it was to learn how to do these wire-wrapped loops the right way, after struggling with the technique for the past couple of months, trying to learn it from a book. I bought a two new tools from the instructor, so now I'm really all set to make more stuff! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if bending wire for jewelry is anything similar to bending wires for braces... you'll have to show me that technique someday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails