Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tonight's the night

Ahhh, so glad it's finally the weekend. Last night was *supposed* to be the Tesla concert, but it was cancelled due to snow (!). There's no snow here. I can only assume there's snow blocking some mountain pass that Tesla wants to cross. So it's been rescheduled for March 9. Which is fine, I guess. Just annoying since I had made dinner reservations, and was mentally prepared to go to a show last night.

On the bright side, it gave me an extra evening to prepare for our Groundhog Day party tonight. But of course I squandered that extra time, watching Law & Order reruns and then finally going to bed at 9am with a raging sinus headache. Which, incidentally, is All Better Now.

So today will be a frenzy of cleaning up and Food Preparation. I've got to bake brownies, make many Pigs in Blankets, intoxicate the Champagne Grapes, wrap gifts, and find the fancy tablecloth. We have hired the same Fabulous Bartender we had at our Christmas soiree last year and she's come up with some awesome themed drinks for the occasion.

So I'm off to start my day (it's 8am, on a weekend, aren't you impressed?!).

I leave you with one of the Christmas creations from Anandi's Laboratory. This necklace was commissioned (I love that word, so hoity-toity!) by my friend Nikki, for her mom. The black beads are clay, handmade in Thailand. (They are marked as Fair Trade, so I'm hoping that's actually true.) I was pleased with the way the necklace turned out - it's a little different from the other things I've made, since I haven't done much with sterling silver chain. But Nikki said her mom liked it, so that makes me happy. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great time at your party. I iwll be looking forward to hearing about the themed drinks that the bartender dreams up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails