Sunday, June 22, 2008

We just look away

So far it's been a niiiice, lazy weekend. Yesterday was one of those days where I woke up feeling sort of bleh, and tired, and like not doing much, so I didn't. Do much, that is.

One of the best parts of my day was catching up on the TiVo'd episodes of "So You Think You Can Dance" for the past couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough so Week 1's performance show was deleted. Hmm, maybe I should check the new fancy "Recently Deleted Items" folder and see if it's still there. Apparently at some point our TiVo was beamed a software update from the Mother Ship so we have been noticing some subtle changes in the way the software works.

Aaaanyway, here's a performance that truly moved me - Twitch and Kherington's (!) waltz. I'm beginning to think that the flowy movements of the Viennese waltz really speak to me. (Or something.) This one isn't as good as Danny and Anya's performance last season, but it's still really gorgeous, even if the music is craptastic Celine Dion:



I think I loved it more because Twitch is a hip-hop dancer, so this is totally unexpected.

I also like that the show seems to make an effort to find a diverse bunch of dancers, and mixes them up when assigning partners, unlike those eHarmony commercials where you always see "like with like" - the Asians apparently only date Asians, etc.

So I guess I'm not going through TV show withdrawal - I'll have SYTYCD to carry me through the summer. I am missing "Grey's Anatomy", though. The return after the strike was all too short, though the episodes *were* pretty amazing. I guess I'll just have to save up for the DVD box set to get my fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails