Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Say what you want

Katy over at Sycamore Stirrings tagged me with this blog meme last week and I never got around to doing it. So that's what I'm gonna do now, though I'm going to be a bit of a rule-breaker and not tag anyone else for it.

I'm supposed to tell you six random things about me. I suppose they have to be somewhat interesting, huh? You probably don't care that my dinner tonight was a glass of milk, a peanut butter cookie and a chocolate chip cookie. Why? Because I'm a grownup and I can eat what I want, that's why.

Ok, here goes.

1. I graduated from high school just before my 16th birthday. While I wouldn't recommend that from a social development point of view, I love that I got 2 "extra" years to sort out my life, so my extra quarter in college and starting grad school late didn't really affect me much.



2. I met my husband when I was 16 and harbored a secret crush on him for a LONG time. We didn't start dating until I was 24. We got married just before I turned 30. Crazy, I know.



3. The hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life was getting through Caltech. That I came out with a decent GPA and an actual degree is icing on the cake. I have never worked so hard for anything in my life.



4. Spike and Peanut are the only real pets I've ever had. (No, I don't count fish.)



5. One of my favorite movies is "Crimson Tide". I have no idea why, since it's not particularly spectacular in any way. Zero bubble.



6. I really, really want to spend some time in Ireland. I don't know if it's because I started reading Maeve Binchy books when I was young, and have read nearly every one, or because secretly I'm Irish (kiss me!), but I can't wait to go there. That's gonna be our next big vacation, whenever that is.



So there you have it. If you decide to do this meme, post a link in the comments here so I can read it!

5 comments:

  1. yayayayay!!! thanks for playing! Ireland is on my vacation list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graduated at 15 and met my favorite guy that year too...I don't think I've quite got that socialization thing down yet...still, and I'll be 35 in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was super interesting! I had no idea...any of it really!

    I *love* Dublin. My best friend's husband is from there so they go every year. Next time, the boy and I are going to try to hitch a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ambika - you'll have to tell me all about it.

    I wish I could finagle a way to get work to send me there, but unfortunately I don't work with anyone at our Dublin office :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I saw your comment on Laura vdKam's blog about the vacation rental and I've been browsing your blog :)

    I also love all things Ireland - don't know why - and have been twice. I wrote a post on my blog on St Paddy's about my love for Ireland :)

    ReplyDelete

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails