Sunday, July 06, 2008

The high plains of expectation

My mom is visiting, so we went to the Redmond Saturday Market. I've lived in Redmond for almost 6 years now and have never been to it. I always see the sign for it during the week, but forget about it on Saturdays, then remember on Sunday when it's too late.

But this time we planned ahead. I was surprised at the size of the market - there were a LOT of vendors there. Lots of vegetables, fruits, some artisan cheese, soap, candles and even some jewelry.

I'm definitely going back next week to get some yummy handmade soap and maybe some fruit. And another bouquet of flowers to replace the ones from this week, pictured here. I love the colors - bright and pretty without the usual garish yellow flowers.

The other great find at the market - some local artisan cheese samples. The ones I bought were a mellow cheese with some different flavors in it - a fabulous spicy chipotle, cumin, and chili pepper. I skipped the caraway and dill ones since those are my two least favorite spices.

Anyway, if you find yourself in Redmond on a Saturday before October, go check out the market!!

1 comment:

  1. You should set up a booth and sell your stuff there...I'd totally help you sell... = )

    And BTW...love the photo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails