Thursday, July 24, 2008

Your lies, they drop like acid rain

Today I am imagining all sorts of cartoon character injuries to the bastards who stole my debit card number. Maybe I need a voodoo doll or something.

TJ got a call at home today from the Visa fraud protection people who noticed "unusual activity" on my debit card. To the fraud protection people, I send love and virtual warm chocolate cupcakes. I called my bank, and lo and behold, someone decided to go on a grocery shopping spree in Bellevue with my debit card today. They bought $300 worth of food at Whole Foods and Cash and Carry.

Suspiciously, both of these fraudulent transactions, plus a $1 charge at FedEx Kinkos, were made just minutes after I dined at another Bellevue restaurant for lunch with my friend Jenn. Strangely one of the grocery stores is in that same shopping center. Very sketchy.

So I had to drop everything and hustle in my car over to Seattle to get to my bank and fill out fraud paperwork. And of course there was crappy traffic both ways. Boo! Hiss!

The good news is that they didn't completely clean out my account. And after just those three charges, I canceled my card. I am super-grateful for the Visa fraud protection automated system. And the bank people were nice too. Hopefully they process my claim soon so I can get my money back.

I did call Whole Foods and they're looking into it. Lovely people there too.

Sigh. I really didn't need another stupid errand/personal action item. I hope these people fall off a sharp cliff. Or get hit on the head with an anvil. Thunk!

2 comments:

  1. Anandi, that SUCKS! Do they have any idea where those rat-bassits got your number? I hope you get your money back fast. The whole thing stinks. May those crooks rot in prison for many years.

    Auntie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry this happened to you! Seems like no matter what precautions we take they find ways to steal card #'s. Hope it is all resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails