Saturday, May 02, 2009

Don't forget me

Yesterday, while I was wandering around Kirkland on a gloriously sunny day, I happened upon a clothing consignment store. They didn't have any maternity clothes but they did have shiny baubles so I browsed. And happened upon this marvelous silk top for only $22! It's a plus-size top, unstructured, which will make it a perfect maternity top at least for a couple of months. It's pretty, light, and has a great pattern - everything else I've bought has been a solid color shirt. I'm so excited about wearing it. It's a little big above the waist but I figured out I can tie it back with a long sash I found in my closet and it'll fit better that way. Yay!

Yes, that is a picture of me. And yes, I'm getting larger by the minute. That, and retaining water like a sponge. Sigh. But that's the miracle of life, right? But it is an indicator that *something* is going on in there. I'm almost halfway, at 19 weeks, so that's good. It's been relatively painless so far, though of course I like to complain. And eat pie while doing it.


Today was another day of some cool bargain finds. There's a church near us that has various sales (rummage, garage, craft, etc.) from time to time to raise money for various charities. I got some awesome vintage jewelry there last time, so I thought I'd check out the garage sale they're having today. And what fun! For only $3 total, I got tons of stuff.

A 100% cotton onesie with a space theme for BabyX, for 25 cents. And boo to anyone who says this must be for a boy because it has a space theme. Girls like space too! It's clean, and soft, and of course I'll wash it like crazy before it gets anywhere near BabyX:
I think that's the first official piece of clothing I've bought for BabyX. Woo hoo to it being geeky!

I also found a very cute children's book called "Round the Garden" by Omri Glaser. Everyone knows I'm *not* an outside person, or a gardener, but this book was so cute and colorful, and only 25 cents so I figured it was worth it. Plus it has a page with all the different kinds of clouds (cirrus, cumulus, etc) and this awesome page about growing an onion. The biologist in me couldn't resist:


Another purchase was this fabulously orange ball of yarn which I think will be used for packaging my pet tags:Also, I'm learning how to use Photoshop Elements, and that was my first experiment using layers, and getting rid of a photo's background. I know the yarn looks weird and disembodied, but hopefully I'll get better at using the tools.

We've needed small plates for a while (for eating small pieces of cake or pie, or a couple of cookies), so I got these large saucers, 8 for $1 total:

In addition to all this goodness, my $3 bought me a full box of staples, a small galvanized steel box for craft supplies, a couple of bits of ribbon, and a binder *full* of various kinds of graph paper - log, engineering, quadrille, etc. Good graph paper is pretty expensive, and I know how my husband loooves graph paper, so I figured for 25 cents it was totally worth it. And I was right. He saw the log paper and was all "ooh, is that log paper in there". I love it.
So it was a fun shopping trip. I worked hard not to bring home useless things, like cool vintage glass bottles or tealight holders, because we need less of that kind of clutter around here. Everything I bought has a purpose. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. An, So exciting to see the picture of your tummy -- the present home of our sweetie grandchild!! Glad to hear about all your finds and that top sure looks cute! Love you, Amma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graph Paper Geekiness for you and TJ:

    http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/

    Be sure to scroll down the WHOLE page for a ridiculously wide selection of printable (and sometimes configurable) graph paper PDFs. (Man, I love passing this link on to people who will appreciate it!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails