But it's not. It's surprisingly down to earth for being a class about dreaming. Which is just what I need to ease into it. I'm looking forward to the emails that arrive each day to see what new activity they'll bring. It's a little slice of quiet contemplation in the middle of my busy days.
One exercise this week had us identify our core values. Here are mine:
- AMAZING WIFE & MAMA – guide my daughter and partner with my husband by being patient, kind, gentle and loving
- KICKASS WOMAN – be me, be joyful, experience life, have fun, be crafty, redevelop close friendships
- CONTENT & CALM – have time for quiet moments, mellow days, no envy or major unmet wants, low stress, happy and present
- HOME BASE – make our home organized, functional, warm, comfortable, imprinted with “us”
- LOOKIN’ GOOD – get to a healthy weight, exercise and challenge my body, dress well in clothes that make me happy
Another activity was to print a bunch of positive phrases and put them somewhere we'd read them regularly. It wasn't enough for me to just print them on plain white paper - I needed some color. So I got crafty, and made pretty circles out of them.