1) Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2) Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Post the award badge.
I think "versatile" is code for "can't pick one subject and stick to it", but I'm cool with that. Thanks Cloud for the nomination! A fun fact - I started reading Cloud's blog after coming across her insightful comments on Ask Moxie posts. I'd been reading it for months, when I came across a post that made me think we might have crossed paths in real life. I emailed her, and it turns out we did! Since she likes to be anonymous, I won't say where, but I think it's kind of neat that we've met. Small world, and all that.
I think 15 bloggers is a bit overkill for a chain letter/meme so I'll pick five instead. I'm ornery like that.
Jenn's Doings - Jenn is a real-life crafty friend of mine who is responsible for my papercrafting supply addiction. My wallet still hasn't forgiven her.
Laura's Mommy Journal - LauraC has been mentioned often here. She is awesome in many ways and takes AMAZING photos.
Di's Kitchen Notebook - Di is a friend from college who bakes yumolicious things and posts them on her blog. Go over there and droooool.
Reading and Chickens - Shalini is hilarious, Indian, and from Seattle. Someday we will meet up but we have been thwarted by deadly viruses so far.
And Then There Were 6 of Us - Shannon and Carl live in Iowa. They used to live in Seattle. We miss them. Since they have four kids under 6, we'll give them a pass if they choose not to do this :)
And now for the 7 random things. I'm totally stealing this from a Facebook post I wrote ages ago.
- I was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and contrary to popular belief, it actually is a nice city. I appreciate it more now that I don't live there :)
- I met my husband when I was 16, but we didn't start dating until I was 24.
- I'm nervous about parties or other outings where I don't know anyone else. It usually ends up being fine.
- I never imagined I would move back to Seattle, because when I left in 1999, I was done with it. Now I *love* living here, despite the craptastic weather.
- My favorite food of all time is Macaroni and Cheese, from a box, with the powdered cheese.
- I inherited a love of musical theater from my mom, who had a subscription to the Civic Light Opera touring series in Pittsburgh. I've seen tons of musicals over the years.
- My all-time-favorite musical is Jesus Christ Superstar. I don't know why since I am definitely *not* religious (maybe that's why). I've seen it 4 times.
So yeah. If I tagged you and you do this post, leave me a link here! If you don't, watch out for the locusts. Kidding. Nothing bad will happen. I won't even be sad.