Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paul Simon, Sisters, Golden Cricket, and no more Target Photo

About 3 weeks ago I was on my way to get my 20-week ultrasound done, where we would finally find out the sex of Baby X'. A song I had never heard came on the radio and I fell in love:



Specifically the part where he says "my mama loves me, she loves me like a rock".  That, and the gorgeous sunny day were a great accompaniment to this Big Deal appointment. 

And then I was so excited to find out Baby X' is a girl!  T is going to have a sister, which is something I really wanted for her.  It doesn't guarantee they'll be BFFs, of course, but I like the idea that they might be.  If not while they're kids, maybe when they're grown up.  A mama can dream, right?

But wait, that's not all!  The second trimester goodness is going strong.  TJ painted my new craft room a gorgeous shade of lime green/chartreuse yumminess called Golden Cricket.  It's a magical color - looks like a pale spring green in the early morning, a minty green at night, and a gorgeous lime during the day.  It's so different depending on the light and delights me every time I see it.

He and his cousin J helped me move all the big furniture in there, and I've gotten nearly everything set up the way I want it (still working on the final bits and pieces).  I love it, maybe even more than my old craft room - everything in there is something I use and love and has a logical place.  It fills me with a sense of peace and crafty possibility every time I set foot in there.

One of the things in it that makes me ridiculously happy is my brand new Canon PIXMA Pro printer, scored new in box from Craigslist for an awesome price.  Canon is running a huge rebate deal for people who buy a DSLR camera and a printer together, so a lot of folks bought the printer and sold it  just to get the deal.  It prints photos like a dream, and the first batch I tried are good enough that I don't have to rely on Target Photo anymore to process my weekly Project Life photos.  Hooray.

All these little things are conspiring to make me very happy lately.  What's good in your life these days?

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, I could have told you about that printer! I got it on a deal with my 50D a few years ago. They screw you on the printer ink bc it is SO expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think all inkjets have ridiculously expensive ink. My Epson was like that too. I found inksmile.com that has remanufactured cartridges, and the Epson ones were *great* quality and super cheap with coupons online. I'm hoping that their Canon-compatible ones will be good too.

      But man, it is so nice to have a printer that is reliable. And also prints larger format.

      Delete
  2. Yay for sisters! I always wanted one, too. Good stuff: K is finished with first grade, which means no more first grade homework, HOORAY! And I have at least five words in my new book that I don't have to rewrite immediately, double hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for you. We so need to catch up, in person and all.

      Delete
  3. I love that song so much, and CONGRATULATIONS on Baby Girl. That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you are having a girl!!! Congrats :)
    Our previous printer was a Canon Pixma- though not pro and I loved it. It still is great, but we upgraded to a wireless printer. It prints beautifully right? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails