Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Thankful Mini Album: Cover and More Gratitude

I've been consumed with crafting lately. Every spare moment I have I'm trying to work on one of my many open projects. It's great to be excited about something, though I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to spend on it. Sleep takes higher priority right now.

But I figured out a simple cover design for my 30 Days of Thankful album, using the Martha Stewart labels from Staples.  I printed the text from my computer, thanks to the handy Microsoft Word templates Avery provides online. For some reason, the gold labels wouldn't feed into my printer so I used rub-on letters and stamped some arrows.  (Click for larger images.)

Front cover of album

The inside front cover has a cute phrase from the Silhouette Online Store, "a thankful heart is a happy heart." I cut it using my favorite glittery paper, the American Crafts POW line.  This color is a muted gold called Caramel, the same color I used for the numbers on each page.  




This week I also went back and stamped the days of the week on each page. I have 3 (!) sets of days of the week stamps, so I figured I should actually use them.  I keep buying them with the intention of using them for Project Life, but I never seem to pull them out when I'm working on my pages. Sigh. I am a hoarder, plain and simple.


Yes, those are two different babies in the photos.
This page is about my love for the baby wrap/sling/carrier.

Not sure how many pages I can get away with re: my love for crafting.

I do like the way the stamping looks, and how the pages are still pretty simple, allowing the photos and patterned paper to shine.  So I'll probably leave them as is, and just bind the album once all the pages are complete.

What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. I have those Martha Stewart labels! And a computer that won't download the templates nor work with the online ones. *sigh* So they sit by my printer, mocking me. Since you have so much spare time, maybe i'll commission you to make me some labels with blackberries on them - we make blackberry jam and vodka in the late summer during the suburban harvest of all the wild brambles around here and i wanted some cute labels for them. *SIGH* I'll give you my stash the next time i see you.

    But, um, anyway: Your book! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll happily print labels for you, in exchange for a Starbucks beverage. :) Let me know.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, it's a deal! Especially since it will mean the added bonus/motivation of getting together. :)

      Delete
  2. It's looking beautiful. I really like how the gold shape is different, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! : ) Thanks for sharing the link on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! love the purple phrase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, it's just the suckiness of my camera. It's actually gold, like the other numbers, but the camera does really poorly with bright green backgrounds. I must have a setting that's wonky somewhere, but I just haven't found it yet.

      Delete
  5. Great album and I agree, simple is best...nothing gets lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cover, and I think keeping the layouts simple is great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails