Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wishing you ham and pie

tiny pie from Whole Foods
Happy Thanksgiving! We had a low key lovely Thanksgiving Day together. Just the 4 of us at home, hanging out.

T chose the menu for dinner earlier in the week. Apparently she had learned about Thanksgiving at preschool and informed us that she wasn't sure she would like turkey.  So I suggested ham and she thought that was a great idea.  And pie, she said. We have to eat pie at Thanksgiving.

So that's what we did. Yesterday we went to Whole Foods and bought a ham steak, four tiny pies (one for each of the pie eaters in the house plus a spare) and some brussels sprouts from the prepared food counter. I made mashed garlic sweet potatoes today and TJ baked biscuits from a tube.

We ate on our fancy china, and enjoyed each others' company. We even made our Creath Family Holiday Fun List, which I'll post in the next few days.

Today was a good day. Hope yours was too!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a great meal. The pie is my favorite part (apple for me), and to be honest, I'd rather eat ham than turkey.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the mini pie! I'll take two.

    Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to stealing ideas from your holiday fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy family Thanksgiving. Avinash was very perplexed about the Turkey Question as well and finally decided that we should just tell everyone, excuse me! we don't eat chicken (HA!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    My husband and I were lamenting to each other on Thanksgiving morning how nice it would be to have a Thanksgiving with just the five of us - we might do just that next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails