Sunday, November 27, 2005

Like a good book, I can't get this day back

I just finished my Writing Portfolio for my Technical Writing class. What a relief. I made the decision *not* to rewrite the paper I got an A- on, but did rewrite the B- and B+. A nice compromise. I'm having a hard time with the concept of "enough" and not obsessing about the A/4.0.

I'm not taking a class next quarter so I can focus on getting back into shape. After October's horrendous work-every-day schedule, I gained back almost all the weight I lost in the preceding *year*, if you can believe that. I weigh almost as much as I did before I started the crazy workouts before the wedding. (And more than Tyra Banks, I'm sad to report.) But the good news is, I went back to the gym today and started running again. My goal (as the Internet is my witness) is to run a 5K in less than 30 minutes in 2006. I know, for all you runners out there, that's pretty slow, but for me that would be a screamin' pace. And to be honest, I'm not sure I can even run for 5 minutes given the shape I'm in now. Boo.

Thanks to Thanksgiving (hee hee) we have a ton of healthy homecooked food in the house. We had 7 people at Thanksgiving dinner this year: my parents, my brother, my aunt Swarnam(who just happened to be visiting from India!), and my cousin Ram who also works at M$. We used the nice china TJ's grandparents gave us and drank a bottle of the nice Riesling that was almost like the Happy Monk wine that we LOOOVED at Canlis on my birthday this year. Ram also faced his fear of dogs and was totally cool with Spike and Peanut being in the same room as him. (Pretty brave!)

I made a bunch of stuff for dinner - some old favorites and some new recipes from the latest issues of Cooking Light. We also figured out how to cook the happy natural vegetarian pig-based ham we got from Whole Foods. Which, by the way, is AMAZING. (The store, I mean, though the ham was pretty good too.) I went to the Bellevue store for the first time last week and was BLOWN AWAY at how nice it is. They even have a creperie inside. How cool is that?

We're going to the Seahawks/Giants game tomorrow - only a few more for our season tickets. It should be fun, and hopefully not too cold or wet.

2 comments:

  1. Don't blow off the whole quarter. Audit a course or get involved with some independent study/research opportunities on campus (or at least start climbing the learning curve towards that end). UWB needs your parking dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and TJ did a super job with the thanksgiving dinner.The wine both the red and riesling were superb!!Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails