Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm driving all night, I end up in the same old place

Spike and I are going to hit the road next weekend and drive down to see some friends in the Bay Area! I've already made a list of what I need to take with me, and bought some supplies for him today (food, small rawhides, Nature's Miracle in case of any accidents).

Today, Dave, TJ and I watched the Metallica documentary "Some Kind of Monster". It was hilarious, and so un-metal. The best part was the $40,000 per month "performance coach"/therapist they hired. I need to get into that line of work - spout random garbage about freeings yourself of inhibitions and talking about feelings, and get paid "squillions" of dollars by rock stars who don't know any better. He drafted a mission statement for Metallica, for cryin' out loud!! If you have a spare 3 hours of your life to waste, and remember the badass days of Metallica that are long gone, watch this movie. Oh, and pay special attention to Dave Mustaine getting all weepy about being kicked out of Metallica in 1983 for being too much of a drunk. Priceless!

I'm sad to report that Squeaker lost a foot. Ginger decided to perform foot surgery on Squeaker without consulting the rest of us and by the time we found out, it was too late to save him. Beagle still loves him, though. I'm taking Spike to Eastside Dog to get a few more of Squeaker's buddies for our trip - maybe one of the Devil squeakers, and a dinosaur one?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! FYI, couple more things to pack: allergy medicine, if you're prone to that. We've never had such bad allergies before. They say it was the rainy winter and now the full-blown sun that's got the plants going wild now. By the way, there's a Pet Club down the street that sells dog toys cheap too, if you want to get any replacements. Cuz balls and their dinosaur varieties are $4. -LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and Spike! That sounds like fun. If Spike gets abducted at a rest area, no need to call the police. I'll give him back in a month or two. KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. My favorite part of Some Kind of Monster . . . When they kept trying to fire the therapist after he started to think he was part of the band and he wouldn't leave and he told them they would all go insane if he wasn't around and they fired him anyway. KB

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails