Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's getting better every day

Woo hoo! I'm finally done working full time and feel like I have some room to breathe!

This week was a pretty good one in terms of exercise - cardio Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, and the usual training sessions with Tracy on Tues and Sat. There was a scheduling mixup on Thursday so we didn't lift. Which was just as well since I was still recovering from Tuesday's horrible walking lunges. In fact, today was the first day I wasn't sore.

Lately my lower back has been really sore, which makes me feel old. I tried some stretching halfheartedly, and that sort of helped.

I went to a free yoga class at the Pro Club yesterday, not really expecting anything. But it was amazing - I felt better immediately. I've lost a lot of flexibility when I gained all this weight, so I really need to work on that to avoid problems in the future. The yoga teacher was very "new age" but good at explaining what we needed to do. So I signed up for a weekly class on Friday mornings in November. Woo hoo! I'm hoping that doing this just once a week will be enough to help with the soreness. Note to self (and anyone else local): the Pro Club yoga studio is *very* warm, so dress accordingly.

Today I dragged myself out of bed to workout with Tracy. I stuck around to do cardio afterwards (SHS has a few cardio machines and People magazine). I did the mandatory 30 minutes on the elliptical, but felt pretty good, so I walked for another 15. That's the longest cardio session I've done in months, and it felt awesome. I'm definitely seeing an increase in energy, even if there's no decrease on the scale. So here's to little victories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails