Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baggy sweatpants and the Reeboks with the straps

Um, so I'm a dork. I noticed that my From Zaftig to Svelte get-in-shape blog was not actually open to other people viewing it. I think I did that in the Great Job Search of 2007 (not to be confused with the Great Job Search of 2008, mind you.)

So it's fixed now, and I have a poll on it that I'd love for people to take, because I'm just curious.

I bought tulips today at Trader Joes, two bunches - one a peachy orange and one a deep purple. They were kind of fragile - I remember tulips being pretty hardy flowers, but these would fall apart if I wasn't careful. So I had to sacrifice two to the trash, but they still look great. I'll try to get a picture when they've bloomed more.

I always forget how much I like fresh flowers, just a simple arrangement of one or two kinds, with no fluffy greenery stuff. So I might buy some from time to time for my new office at Microsoft.

I am making great progress on my 'projects' list - I started a list of all the things I want to accomplish before I start working again. They're almost all around the house, and a few dr/dentist appts I've been putting off as well. Yesterday I changed the lightbulb in the living room that has been burned out for (I kid you not) about a month. It bothered both TJ and me, but not enough to do anything about it.

But I was tired of it occupying space in my brain, so I changed it. Fortunately we already had the bulb so it was just a matter of dragging the stepstool downstairs and changing the darn thing. Not as hard as running a marathon, but not as easy as sitting on the couch watching TV and commenting about the light bulb being out...

I also cleaned out the fridge, and as an extra bonus, got rid of the 2+-year old Costco box of microwave popcorn. Ick. I hated staring at it every day in the pantry but was never motivated to do anything about it. Until yesterday, when it just HAD to go. Now it's GONE.

And now, it's time to NAP WITH PUPPIES.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that terrible that there are a million things to do around the house, and you get too lazy to do anything about it, and then when you finally do it, turns out it took only 15 minutes to do??? I have the same problem. Go on, girl! get your house in order!
    -Kristine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails