Sunday, January 11, 2009

I have no gift to bring

I started drum lessons last week!! There's an awesome drum shop in Bellevue, Donn Bennett Drum Studio, that offers lessons. A friend and I are taking a four week group class for absolute beginners. The classroom is set up with 8 drum kits so we each get to pretend to be a rockstar for a short time each week.

Even better, the studio allows students to practice in their lesson rooms when they're not being used. So for the past 2 days I've spent an hour there, practicing the simple rock beat that we learned. That's the cool thing about picking up a new skill - the learning curve is steep but improvements are made really quickly. After just two days of practice, I'm more comfortable with the kit, and I was having a great time rockin out. (very slowly, of course.)

I hope to make it back a few more times to practice before Thursday's lesson. The folks at the shop are really friendly, and I have a brand new pair of my very own sticks. How cool is that?? I should have done this years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails