I'm starting to be annoyed by all those things that seemed charming about being in a different country:
- The ridiculous number of different Euro coins
- Lukewarm diet Coke that costs 2 Euros for 200ml
- Driving on the WRONG side of the road
- Toilets that sound like 747s taking off when you flush them
- Traffic roundabouts. GAH.
Even BabyT says she's ready to go home. Fortunately our flight is early tomorrow, but we've got a 6 hour (!) layover in Heathrow. Long enough to drive us crazy, but not enough to do anything interesting.
We hit this limit when we were in Las Vegas after our wedding in 2005. We had gone for 5 days, and by day 4 we were so done. We vowed any future trips would be 4 days or less.
I think we need a new rule for other vacations. 2 weeks sounds good. If we have more vacation to burn, a week at home would be lovely. I think I'm just not an adventurous world traveler. I miss my bed, my dogs, and diet Coke.
What about you? Got a vacation limit?