Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Project Life: November 2012, Thanksgiving Edition

I'm so close to completing Project Life for 2012 and I'm so excited!  Even more so that it's still FUN to put the pages together each time.

For this layout, I used the Noel Mignon November 2012 kit. I bought a single one to see what a different kit was like.  (I already subscribe to Studio Calico.) This one was a bit too "themed" for my liking - very fall and Thanksgiving-ish, but perfect for this spread in Project Life. I also used a few of the cards from the We R Memory Keepers line at Target - the 4x6 list of T's favorite things, and the little cards with the banners and Meridian's schedule matched nicely with the NM kit.  I've finally figured out that I prefer to use all cream-based papers or all white-based, instead of mixing the two.

Apologies in advance for the photos being a bit wonky.  I got done with this spread very late so had to take them under incandescent light. I'm also learning how to use Adobe Lightroom, and am still getting used to the editing tools.

Nov 12-25, 2012: Thanksgiving, Crossroads Mall, Portage Bay Cafe

Closeup of "baby schedule" card ;)


Nov 12-25: Babies, friends, and food.


Not much craftiness this week - a sequin, a brad and a sticker.

I printed fewer photos than usual this time, because I had put a lot of this month's photos in my 30 Days of Thankful album and didn't want to use duplicates.  So I had to come up with some "filler" cards, and I just wasn't feeling as crafty this week.

I had a few cards in my stash that I added a bit of journaling and kit stickers to, and then I thought it might be nice to capture a little bit about what the girls are like right now.  With BabyM, it's all about the eating and sleeping, so I wrote up her "schedule" (such as it is). I'm sure it'll be amusing when she's a teenager.

For T, I wrote about her current favorite things - book, movie, parent (always Daddy!).  I wrote these up from my own observation, so I'm sure she'd disagree with my choices. She's 3 and tends to disagree with most things. Sigh.

I'm also totally stoked that all the pages for the year will fit into one 2.5" binder.  Other people have had to split their year into 2 albums, which just doesn't seem ok to me. I know, I'm weird.

Only 3 more layouts to go for the year!  Woot!

Linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and papers you've used! Just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job and congrats on one binder. I think you are the first I've read about. Laura. Www.whosthischick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of the reason why I switched from one week per 2 pages to 2 weeks per 2 pages in August. I was determined to get this thing to fit into one binder :) Also, I don't use a lot of thick embellishments.

      Delete
  3. LOVE it!!! I soooo wish I could keep up with project life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. Almost done. It seems like just yesterday you started this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am chuckling at your three year old always disagreeing - mine is 14 and still disagrees with everything :) I am also fairly new to using Lighroom but really like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Lightroom is pretty great and I am thinking of taking a class in it at our local college in January.

      You mean the disagreement continues?! Sigh.

      Delete
  6. Those photos are so sweet, and I love how you rounded the corners on all of the papers! Love Penny http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I love the filler card with the little banners

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great spread. The baby schedule card is a great idea. I love your friend photos, very nice light :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails