Saturday, December 01, 2012

2012 Creath Family Holiday Letter: All Is Calm

Happy December!  I can't believe it's time for our yearly holiday letter already. This year's letter will be short and sweet since I have been blogging regularly - I can just give you links to the big stuff.

(c) Kristi Lloyd Photography, Oct 2012

2012 was an exciting year for us!  The biggest news was the birth of Meridian Rayna in October.  But I'll start from the beginning.

In January, we had a big snowstorm, which is pretty unusual for Seattle. Trillian played in the snow for the first time.  She wasn't so sure she liked it.  

February was when we found out I was pregnant with BabyM. This was both exciting and scary, since we were used to being a family of 3.  Well, 5, when you count Peanut and Spike, who are now 10 and 12 and doing well.

In March, TJ took the extremely bold step of quitting his job to enjoy some time off and work on his own projects. We've absolutely LOVED having him at home and it's fantastic that we don't have to squeeze in family fun outings onto the weekends.  The Children's Museum is nice and empty on weekdays!  Trillian also started preschool in March, saying goodbye to the excellent daycare she attended since she was 13 months old.

April was super-exciting, because my life-long dream of visiting Ireland came true. We spent 3 lovely weeks in Kenmare, and traveled mostly in the south, though we did spend a couple of days in Dublin.  We definitely want to go back. I got sick while we were there (virus + pregnancy) so I didn't get to do as much, but TJ and Trillian had a few exciting daddy-daughter field trips.

In May, TJ and I celebrated being married for 7 years with a trip to the zoo with our favorite little person.  We also found out that BabyM was a girl!  Hooray for sisters!

I celebrated my thirty-mumble birthday in June. TJ and I went to dinner at Canlis, our favorite restaurant which is where we got married in 2005.  TJ also went to a track day with his motorcycle, to take advantage of the short riding season.

Summer came to Seattle in July, and it was short, but lovely as always.  At the end of the month, Trillian and I took a girls' roadtrip to Portland, OR for the weekend, and had a GREAT time.  She still talks about it. Next time she says we should take TJ and Baby Sister, too.

In August, we celebrated my dad's 70th birthday at a local restaurant.  TJ's Aunt Jane and Uncle Rick were in town so we met up with them for breakfast at our favorite cafe.

Trillian's birthday was in September, and all the grandparents, plus her great-Granny and Aunt Robin were in town for the party. She also started her new Spanish immersion preschool. She's learning so much! I spent September willing BabyM to stay inside until October, so T could have her own "birthday month".  

BabyM cooperated, and was born via C-section at her scheduled appointment on October 1 like a good girl. She spent her first few days refusing to sleep anywhere but in someone's arms, so TJ was awesome and slept sitting up so that we could get a little sleep.  We had a 0th birthday party for her at home, which Trillian helped plan.

We spent the rest of October and November mostly at home getting used to being a family of four. Trillian went trick or treating for the first time, and both girls went dressed as ladybugs.

My parents went back to Savannah in mid-November and we miss them! BabyM isn't on a regular schedule but sleeps and eats well so I've even had time to be crafty.  Thanksgiving was low-key but nice.

December will be full of Fun Holiday Activities from the list we made together. We're staying home for the holidays so it'll be nice and mellow, just the way we like it.

For an even more detailed summary of what we did all year, you can read through my Project Life posts.  I'm very proud to have kept up this scrapbook project all year, and I'm on track to complete it this month!

We wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Best Wishes for the New Year! May your days be merry and bright!

12 comments:

  1. What a great newsy holiday letter! You are so organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to get all my holiday stuff done early!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful letter. I especially love the picture thingy at the end--I've been staring at it for at least 5 minutes. I need to learn how to make something like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do anything special - we put our photos on Smugmug and they have a function to make a 'badge' that's customizable. I think Flickr might have something similar?

      Delete
  3. I traveled to Ireland when I was much younger, and I was also sick for the entire time. The only thing I remember was lying on a sofa in a restaurant lobby while waiting on everyone else to eat dinner.

    I love your daughter's pink glasses, those are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She picked the glasses herself and is very proud of them. I hope she doesn't grow out of them too quickly since we all love them!

      Being sick on vacation is horrible :(

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. I'm impressed (and slightly disturbed) that you've got this out already.

    Sounds like a beautiful year! (And get this -- you and I both turned thirty-mumble this year, and our dads both turned 70. Fascinating, eh?) At any rate, I wish you many more beautiful things in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I had wanted to do it over Thanksgiving weekend because that's when I usually write my cards, so it feels "late" to me :)

      That is fascinating. Are we also the same 30-mumble age??

      Delete
    2. ...AND our birthdays, and our dad's birthdays are a month apart, respectively. Oooooh. I know, I'm easily impressed.

      Delete
  5. I love the letter and pictures. We also did 0th birthday parties for our babies!

    Also your dog is GIANT! I will bet you feel quite safe with him at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoo hoo! what a great year you guys have had...so many change but really good ones! :) happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails