Friday, January 18, 2013

30 Days of Thankful Mini Album: All Done

I'm showing you my finished 30 Days of Thankful mini-album from November. I know it's January and you've moved on. But in the name of finished craft projects, I need closure.

I actually completed this album AGES ago, in the first week of December. But with all the holiday fun, I didn't get a chance to photograph it and post about it. So here we are. I figure I need to show you this before I show you my completed Holiday 2012 album, right?

If you can't view the slide show, click this photo to view the whole gallery.

30 Days of Thankful Mini Scrapbook Album
30 Days of Thankful - FINISHED!

I bound the album using my Zutter Bind It All tool.  I love it - once I watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to use it, I realized it's very easy and makes a nice looking finished book.

The 1-inch binding wire I used was a bit too small for the number of pages, though they turn easily enough.  The pages are so thick because they're two layers of cardstock plus another piece for the journaling and all the photos and die-cut numbers.  I think a 3-ring binder might have been a better choice for something this thick, but I didn't want to invest more money in an album since I had all the supplies to bind it myself.  And I do like the wire-bound look.

I love, love, love the 6x6 inch page size.  It was just big enough for me to play around with some stamping and embellishments, but not so big that I was intimidated.  It also means I could leave the journaling side very simple and it doesn't look empty like a bigger page size would.

It was really fun to finish this up using both new and old photos.  I didn't force myself to do a daily photo - for some reason I can handle daily writing, but not daily photo-taking. That feels like too much pressure.

I also noticed I'm getting better at showing restraint when embellishing pages. I aspire to a fairly clean and simple style but my love of shiny new papercrafting products gets in the way...

I probably won't do this again for 2013, but may consider adding a few "gratitude" pages to my Project Life album instead (just not all 30 days worth!).  Since I'm doing PL biweekly, I'll have more room in the album than I did in 2012 and using the Project Life page protectors in Design E with the 4 6x6" slots would be perfect for a project like this.

When TJ's parents came to visit this week, my mother in law looked through this album, and T saw it this morning and asked to see it, so my job here is done.


And if you're curious about what I was thankful for in November 2012, here's the full list:

T, M, TJ, Spike & Peanut, my parents, Starbucks, the Sleepy Wrap, Mondo Beyondo, cute hats, CKC Scrapbooking show, T's restaurant behavior, TJ as a baby pillow, Mexican food, Hobby Lobby, iced tea, Target, Portage Bay Cafe, Project Life, papercrafting, Sushi Me, Google+ Hangouts, low key Thanksgiving, Black Friday at home, sleeping in, friends, getting ready for Christmas, online video crafting, mama friends, T's preschool, and my new laptop.

I'd love to hear about any daily projects you're tackling, and how you manage to stay on track, especially when taking photos!

6 comments:

  1. your album is too cute!!! I love the gold silhouette cut saying, I love the green felt pages and I love that you added your handwriting everywhere!! But most of all I love that you got it complete so soon (so says the procrastinator in me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to complete these things fairly soon or they bug the heck out of me until I do :)

      I really need to use my Silhouette more - there is so much cute (and easy) stuff to cut that would make these minis and PL so awesome. But I never think of it until too late!

      Delete
  2. This is great, I love all the different textures you have used and the gold glitter cuts are a pretty touch. I am hopeless with daily projects, I never finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first one I ever tackled and it was really difficult. I sort of hated that it was daily, and ended up working on 4-5 pages at a time, then printing photos only weekly or so. It's just way too much pressure to actually assemble the album on a daily basis.

      Though I'm ok to do daily journaling - I did it for this and through December as well. The photos are what makes it impossible for me!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Love your binding! If I had one of those things, most things in my house wouldn't be safe :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My next project is to bind all the photo cards we got for Christmas.

      Delete

I love comments, so please leave me your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

sharing is nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails