So for the next couple of weeks my craftiness will invade our kitchen. I put together this biweekly Project Life layout with very limited supplies. Since my printer is now in the garage, I had the photos printed at Bartells Drugs, a local chain. They offer a matte finish, which is very cool, but the photo has a tendency to "rub off" when it gets scraped by something. I learned that the hard way when using one of my old crappy paper trimmers.
As usual I had more photos than I could use, so the crafty bits are limited. I used one of the Seafoam Project Life kit cards for the week summary, and then noticed that the Echo Park Photo Freedom ampersand and 'you are my sunshine' cards matched really nicely, too, and that got me set on an aqua and yellow theme. And that gave me a fantastic excuse to go crazy with the super cute KI Memories 'smile' washi tape I got in one of my Studio Calico kits.
|Feb 25 - Mar 10: Redmond outing and dance class|
|Feb 25 - Mar 10: New glasses, coloring eggs, sisters|
|Calendar closeup - tiny bling|
I filled my supercute IKEA Raskog 3-shelf cart with my essential Project Life supplies so I can continue to work on my pages while my craft room is being fixed.
I've found a formula that works for me to keep the layouts looking cohesive:
- One type of alphabet stickers
- 1 or 2 washi tapes, glitter tape or ribbon (coordinating)
- Use same journaling pen for entire layout
- Adhesive gems, enamel dots, brads, *or* wood veneer (choose one)
- 1-2 patterned papers only (coordinating)
- Month card with days marked off
- Week card with dates and bullet point summary
- Stick to color scheme for *all* embellishments
This 2 week period also contained TJ's birthday but I didn't get any good photos of our birthday dinner at Zeek's Pizza, or him opening his presents. (Sad!).