I made a little photo collage and discovered that I don't have a single photo of us together in 2008. (Click for a larger version.)
In true tired parent form, neither of us remembered our anniversary until a few days ago. Since my parents will be in town soon, I'm looking forward to planning our first date night since BabyM was born. Yes, it's really been that long since we went out alone together. It's complicated when BabyM will only nurse to sleep. At least now her bedtime is fairly predictable, and she mostly can settle herself back to sleep if she wakes before midnight so we may be able to squeeze in a nice dinner somewhere fairly close to home.
One of the things I loved about M & T's wedding last weekend was how they involved all the guests in the hand-fasting, and asked us to affirm our support for their marriage. It was similar to the Guest Affirmation in our own ceremony 8 years ago.
In honor of 8 years, here are 8 things I am grateful for in our marriage:
1. He is an equal partner in our home life.
3. He will watch the crappy TV shows I like (Law & Order, Gray's Anatomy, Glee)
4. We are both introverts, so we understand each others' need for alone time.
6. He fixes things when they break, when my "solution" would be to throw it away and get a new one.
8. Our travel "personalities" are well-matched, ie. we're homebodies who enjoy a big trip every few years.
I still marvel to myself how lucky I am to have found someone who suits me so well. 16-year-old me would have thought it was crazy if you said she'd marry that "mysterious older guy" she was crushing on.
Life is pretty amazing sometimes.